Medway Safety Training Courses

click to go back
CIEH Level 4 Advanced Certificate in Health & Safety in the workplace

The legal requirement to train employees should extend beyond awareness and understanding of health and safety issues. In addition there is a clear need for key personnel to have the skills and knowledge to manage the health and safety function.

Who is the Course For?

The CIEH Advanced Certificate in Health & Safety in the Workplace is designed for those working in any business regardless of their product or service range. It is essential for all those who have an employment role that includes a responsibility for the management of health and safety issues

It is also an appropriate technical qualification for those wishing to apply to offer level 1 training.

There are no pre-requisites for entry to the course, however attendance at a *Basic Health & Safety* course (level 1 qualification) would be beneficial.

The programme covers a defined syllabus requiring a minimum of 40 hours tuition time and students are assessed on their performance in a 3 hour examination representing 60% of the final grade and two course assignments representing the remaining 40%.


Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will be able to manage health and safety in most businesses, by developing auditing and monitoring programmes, designing safe practices and procedures, liasing with enforcement officers, interpreting legal requirements, staff training, and establishing risk assessment projects (with additional training where necessary).

Course Duration

6 days 0930-4.30 plus examination

Candidates will also need to complete the two assignments in their own time and then attend a further day to complete the examination. Examination dates are pre-determined by the CIEH and are generally held every two months at the venue where the course was held.

Please phone for details